When preparing for summer, the thought of draining your bestway pool should be high on your mind.
The smell of decaying water and eyesore algae may make you cringe, but a pool that’s making you think about rinsing your eco-friendly skimmer or hiring a company to have it drained is a damp squib altogether.
Whenever there’s a need to draw water from the pool, whether for cleaning purposes or for filling the water coolers, you need to use the proper tools to do the job.
A hose connector is used for connecting the water hose with a pump. Its purpose is to draw water in and out of the pool. You better be sure that you choose the right tool before undertaking the job with the Bestway pool pump because there are wrong connectors.
When it is the right time to drain your pool and get the required water, you might find it extremely difficult to attach the hose to the flow spout.
The hose gets stuck, and it is impossible to drain your pool despite having a sturdy flow spout. While this is possible, there is an unspoken way of draining Bestway pools.
If you are looking for a solution, you need to understand the best way to drain a Bestway pool.
This guide will help you know how to drain your collection with a hose adapter without creating a muddy mess.
How To Choose Right Hose Adapter?
A hose adapter is a tool used to connect the water hose to the suction side of your pool pump. It’s essential that you choose an appropriate and compatible connector for your particular model because there are wrong adapters that may cause damage or malfunction in one way or another. This is why you need to be very careful before buying a hose adapter.
To help you select the right tool for draining your pool, here are some tips that will guide you in making an informed decision:
1) Check with your seller if they have tested and verified the pump model you’re using.
2) Check the model number of your pump to find out if it can be compatible with a specific type of hose adapter before you buy one.
3) You need to ensure that an appropriate size is used when connecting the suction side and water flow outlet because the hose connector should be tight enough to prevent water leakage.
4) The product must have good quality and durable material, which will ensure that it can last for years without any problems.
5) Check the product’s price before you make your decision because there are cheaper products available in the market that will not last long.
6) The product should be made of good quality material so that it can withstand the pressure exerted by your pump and water flow without any problems.
7) If you have a pool with more than one pump, make sure to buy an adapter that can be used with more than one pump.
8) Make sure that the adapter is compatible with your hose before you buy it because adapters will not work well on a specific type of hose.
9) Ensure that the product has an appropriate size and shape to avoid any problems with the pump and hose.
10) Always make sure that you’re buying a product that will not cause any damage to your pool pump because the wrong adapter can do more harm than good.
Types of Hose Adapter
Here are the most commonly used types of hose adapters.
1) Y- Adapter – This type of adapter is used when two pumps need to be connected, but they are not in a straight line.
2) Hose clamp – This type of hose adapter can be found on some pool pumps and is used to clamp the hose.
3) Straight adapter – This type of adapter is used to connect the water flow outlet on one pump with the suction side of another pump.
4) Pressure regulator – This type of adapter can be found on some pool pumps, and it regulates the pressure that is going through your pump by reducing or increasing its output.
5) Adapter with a 90-degree elbow – This type of adapter is used when the water flow outlet and suction side are not in line but are at an angle to each other.
How To Empty Bestway Pool with Hose Adapter?
Here are some steps that you need to follow for the Bestway pool drain with hose adapter to work correctly:
Turn off the power to the pool:
First and foremost, you need to turn off the power to the pool. This will ensure that the pump is not running and does not create any additional noise or disturbance.
Unplug the pump:
Once you have turned off the power, you need to unplug the pump from the electrical outlet. This will ensure that it does not create noise or create any additional disturbance for you.
Install a hose adapter:
Once you have unplugged and turned off the pool pump, all left for you is installing the hose adapter.
Attach a hose to the pool drain:
Once you have installed and connected your new Bestway pool pump with hose adapter, then all that is left for you to do is attach one end of the hoses into it and connect it up properly
Attach the other end of the hose to your plumbing system:
Once you have connected up all of the hoses properly, then it is time for you to attach one end into a suitable water supply and connect this up through your plumbing. It will ensure that water is being provided for the pump to work properly and for you to drain the pool.
Turn on power:
Once your plumbing system has been connected up, it is time for you to turn on the power supply that will allow water into your home for this process of draining out from under the water to begin.
Test the pump:
Once you have turned on your power supply and attached a hose, it is time for you to test out how well this new pool pump with a hose adapter works. This will ensure that everything is connected correctly and that all the hoses are appropriately attached.
Once you have tested everything and it is clear that the pump works well, all left for you is to drain your pool by turning on the hose adapter and allowing water into your home to drain out.
Once you have drained the pool and cleaned everything up, it is time for you to remove all of the hose adapters from your plumbing system and unplug them properly to ensure that they are not left installed or attached incorrectly.
Once you have removed all of the hoses and disconnected them, then it is time for you to enjoy your new pool pump with a hose adapter and be able to use this without any problems whatsoever.
Features Of A Hose Adapter
The hose adapter works by connecting the water flow outlet of your pool pump to a specific type of hose. The suction side is connected to an appropriate pipe and shape for plumbing purposes.
The pressure exerted on the product can be regulated according to how much force it needs to work. The pressure applied by your pump will be controlled and maintained at a certain level that is comfortable for you.
The hose adapter works in the same way as a regular pipe fitting, but it has some different features, which are mentioned below:
1) This product can work with various hose sizes and shapes.
2) The product can be used for in-ground and above-ground pools.
3) You will not have to worry about the adapter clogging because it does not get attached directly to the water flow pipe; instead, it is attached to the hose.
4) The product can be used with various water flow pumps, which means that you will not have to buy an adapter for every type of pump you own.
5) You do not need additional tools or equipment to install the product.
6) It is a straightforward and easy-to-use product that will not require any special skills or training for you to install it properly.
7) The adapter comes with an extra set of nuts, so additional spare parts will be available if one gets damaged during installation.
8) The product is made from very durable material, and it can withstand heavy use without any issues, so you do not have to worry about the quality of this type of product being compromised in any way.
As you can see, this is a straightforward process of installing a new pool pump with a hose adapter in your home. This will allow you to install one that works well and has all the necessary components to work correctly.
With so many different types of pumps being made these days, it is essential to find one that works well and has all the necessary components needed to work properly!